Monday, March 10, 2008

You Guessed It

Another Monday, another 6 days of waiting to hear anything. 5 of those days will be intense as those are our last 5 days for a potential 20th travel. When talking to people at church yesterday they were baffled that I might be traveling around the world, to pick up our *almost* 3-year-old in 1 1/2 weeks and we don't know for sure yet. I laughed because this is our adoption. I warned everyone it would be a bumpy ride and that it definitely is.

Right now I'm somewhat calm. Perhaps this is what they refer to as the "calm before the storm". Because when I really think about it, this is how my mind works.

Today I need to call the carpenters and beg them to carpet the three rooms we have painted right now so that we can move into them as soon as they're done. This way, we can move our BR/BA upstairs and move Dailah back in her room. We can set up our closet to re-set up the kids' closet so it is their own for the first time since we moved here.

After the painters get done trimming out and painting the doors in the other 5 rooms, I will start painting immediately on those. They say they will be done by perhaps Wednesday but definitely by this Friday (Friday appears to be a significant day). So that would leave me this weekend to paint the 5 rooms. I would then beg the carpenters to come carpet next Monday. That would leave me Monday night/Tuesday to move in the rest of our stuff. Perhaps clean a little, etc.

And then of course, potentially next Wednesday be leaving for Ethiopia.

And did I mention packing bags, collecting donations and eating somewhere in there?

1 comment:

Kimberley said...

WOW!!! Good Luck with all of the painting!!! If we lived closer I would love to come and help!