Sunday, January 20, 2008

I'm Going to be a Sister...Again


My brother (in-law) just announced his engagement to one Emily Mally. He called tonight to say, "I am engaged to be married". I couldn't be happier.

When he (Frank, my BIL) and I used to meet over coffee and bagels we would imagine who he would end up with. Truth be told I never pictured someone like Emily. She's "normal" compared to the ones I had him pegged with. I love my brother, don't get me wrong. But I always pictured someone with more armpit hair and less in common with me (at least on the surface). But when I first met Emily, and saw how she and Frank interacted, they just fit. I couldn't be more excited about her joining our family.

As many of you know, there are few responsibilities I take more seriously and with such joy as that of a sister. I'm so excited to be expanding my sisterly brood with Emily. She will fit in better than anyone I could've pictured. Are you all wanting to see the announcement? To really catch the humor you have to know both Frank and Emily but you should get a healthy chuckle either way. Without further ado...my brother, Frank and (soon-to-be) sister, Emily.

1 comment:

Farm-Raised said...

You really are a great sister. Emily, Kait, Kara, and I are all incredibly lucky!!!!! Love you!