Saturday, January 19, 2008

A Good Saturday

We worked out today, Zach came to my PUMP class, he's so supportive I could squeeze him. When we got home we all got 2 hour naps, classic and amazing. Moved some stuff from upstairs to downstairs. Then pretty much just relaxed. I can't remember the last time I felt so relaxed. It's been -15 degrees outside so we thought today would be a good day to be hermits. Now I'm researching what my next tattoo will be. I have an idea, but am wanting to just look at my options. I'm sure this news will be met with equal parts sadness and disappointment to my uncle Vic. :)

Tomorrow will be our second Sunday meeting with the adoption group at church. Jody and I are excited and surprised by the amount of people at our church who are either going through or interested in adoption/foster care. I am selfishly hoping more will see how absolutely gratifying adoption can be. Did I mention I love Tariku so much my heart hurts? What does it say about me that I want everyone in the world to feel this jumble of emotions that is adoption? I guess it all comes down to the amazingness that is motherhood. The ups and downs..wouldn't trade it for a thing in this world.

2 comments:

Tarah said...

:) Love your chilled out Saturday!
What tats do you have now? I have one but am contemplating another. Hubby has 5. I should send you pics. He has our last name in amharic down his inner calf, and all of our name is amharic on the outer.
I would love to do something amharic and something 1920's pin up girl. :)

Anonymous said...

Can you explain what the adoption group is? I go to Calvary and haven't heard anything about these meetings? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!