Saturday, January 05, 2008

Court Date!

Our ET coordinator, Jan (yes, a Saturday, yes I love her), called about an hour ago..we have a court date!!!!! February 7th we will *hopefully* hear, "He's yours!"

That is still a month away, obviously. But it gives me a date, right? Now I won't be attaching the phone to my ear so as not to miss the call. This is a good call!

What's next? If all goes well February 7th (I'm not entertaining the idea that it wouldn't) we would get Tariku's official birth certificate 1-2 weeks later (by the way, they will write his name as Tariku Zachary Edward Klipsch, which I think is hilarious) and then 3-4 weeks after that we travel!!! So obviously the earliest we travel is March 6th, but I'm counting on March 13ish. We will see. Either way, Tariku's birthday is March 16th so we'll probably be over there celebrating!

We have lots to get done in the next 2 months and I can't wait to get started.

6 comments:

Chatter said...

Yeah!!!! Congratulations :)

I can't wait to hear those words.

Tarah said...

Congrats!!! What a huge sigh of relief.

Cassie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassie said...

Hi Tesi,
I'm a friend of Jody's and have been following your journey to Ethiopia. So happy for you and your family!! That is exciting news!!

Anonymous said...

Hooray!! I am thrilled for you guys!!

Love,
Kristen

kait said...

que lindo, hermanita!!!

((yay, sister dearest!!!)

love you muchisimo.