Wednesday, February 13, 2008

To Tariku






In case you were wondering if there were other people besides your parents and siblings who were excited about your arrival, check out these pictures. Today your mommy, brother, sister, aunt Leslie, cousin Oliver, cousin Eli, Jody, Max, Quincy, Cassie, Lani and Ayla all teamed up to make your favorite foods. Check out the Doro Wot and Injera. I must say...though it looked nothing like the picture, it tasted terrific and I can't wait to see your expression when you first try your mothers version!

I couldn't help but feel a little closer to you. When I let the spices linger in my mouth and watched as the injera soaked up the excess sauce, I felt a little giddy. Kinda like I do when I see a new tube of cookie dough, I felt like that. Knowing your mouth salivates like mine and your eyes grow wide like mine at the thought of our favorite foods, makes me believe for a second that we're no so far away. I love you (and so do these folks!)

1 comment:

Cassie said...

yummy!! so glad i got to be a part!!! (but seriously, i look ginormous in those pics!!)