Friday, February 29, 2008

Power of Prayer

So, blog friends, I'm going to ask something specific from you today.

That same day I got the word that it would be 5-6 weeks, I emailed and "negotiated" a bit as that was just too long for me. I was told by our ET coordinator that if the piece of paper that we're waiting on to arrive to the Ethiopian Embassy arrives anytime next week, we would be allowed to travel March 13th or 20th. Obviously this makes me squeal with excitement.

So, also obviously, it's been on my mind ALL the time since. I know a lot of you are pray-ers. I know some of you aren't. I could actually care less at this point. If you think good things come to those who stand on their heads and sing a Celine Dion Top 40 hit, then let me know and I'll try that too. But I'm asking all of you, quite selfishly, to pray for that itty bitty piece of paper to make it to the Ethiopian Embassy by next Wednesday. Specific enough? That way we'll for sure get word sometime next week.

Thanks so much for being an encouragement and support. Some of you have gone before me in this adoption world, others are close friends/family that seem to give me a call or a hug when I need it the most. I figure, as good of people as you are, God has no choice but to answer our prayers (or songs) right?

7 comments:

LCMomX4 said...

Of course I will pray for you. I will also keep positive thoughts, happy thoughts and wish good aura surrounds you. I know this is hard for you, but remember there is always a reason why things are the way they are. Think of the guy who stopped to get a band-aid on his way to work when the Twin Towers were attacked. Take a deep breath, inhale, exhale! Now don't you feel better? Am I lucky you are too far away to hit me?
Love, Aunt Lori

ChiTown Girl said...

I realize I'm neither someone who's gone through the adoption process, nor a friend/family member, but nonetheless, as someone who adores your family, I have been, and will continue to, send prayers your way. Anything to speed up Tariku's homecoming!

Cassie said...

wednesday...wednesday...wednesday.
praying here...

rebekah said...

Good things are happening over there - look what happened to us! You've got us behind you!

Hope to meet you on the flip side of travel, you returning home and us arriving!

Erica Jo (mamasweetpea) said...

Huge prayers from here hun! God's got a plan and the timing just right! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking Tesi, that you just found out about Tariku on November 12, right?, so essentially you have been "pregnant" for just a mere 3 months going on 4 months. So, you will probably go to Ethiopia by April, you will "deliver" your new baby boy after only about 5 months!!! Wow! Isn't that great? The fastest pregnancy ever that you will then deliver a 3 year old!!! You know I pray without ceasing for you and your family. May you feel my prayers and may you feel and KNOW His comfort so that you may comfort others in His name in the years to come. I love you Tesi! mommyt

Cindy said...

OH MY GOSH!! You know how much I have wanted you to travel with us. I will do all in my power and hope that whatever paperwork they need makes it there soon. Best Wishes!!
Cindy