Saturday, November 14, 2009

Not Today

No totals today. But yesterday was huge. Did you get partially annoyed with every blog you visited talking about water? If so, you're heartless...just kidding. But really, I was moved to see it showing up everywhere. To say it went viral yesterday might be the biggest understatement of the century. It was EVERYWHERE, which will be huge come Monday *hopefully* when we get the totals. Thank you so much for partnering with us. Donating, spreading the word, praying, it all helps.

I just got out of the shower (I know, and it's not yet 9am!) and used the lotion I used while we were in Ethiopia for the first time since leaving. I'm homesick for a place I was never blessed to call "home". But, as one of my friends said, "If you left part of your heart there, it's possible to be homesick". And I did, I think I left a big part of my heart there.

I'm missing it today. I was looking at Tariku sleeping last night and just kind of praying over him. I was trying to just send my prayers across an ocean where they might meet with prayers of other special people in Tariku's life. I was asking God for another miracle, that of whispering in some ears, "Tariku is amazing. He's thriving. He has a zest for life unseen in other 4-year-olds. He is a blessing to everyone who knows him. He is yours and he is theirs and he is Mine."

And though I know our God is a God of miracles, I was aching to fly to Ethiopia and tell those people myself. "Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm a better mom, friend, wife, sister, daughter, Christian, human-because of you."

We were asked to never let Tariku forget about Ethiopia and it's struggles. Almost 2 years later and I can promise that Ethiopia and it's struggles are never far from my mind.

3 comments:

Beth said...

You will always ache for the country of your child's birth. Smelling bulgogi or kimchi, seeing a Korean person makes me want to hop onto a plane. Sigh. Also, I just got teary because I visited someone's blog from Oklahoma and guess what her blog was about yesterday? Water. Water. Water. Thomas and I watched the Charity: Water video a million times yesterday and Russell busted out some good moves. Have a good day. I have some baking to start tonight for next weekend.

steffany said...

I miss Ethiopia too.
Can't wait to get the totals!

cathy said...

beautiful...