Thursday, November 19, 2009

F & F

First a word on my family and friends. Yesterday was a LONG day. I was up at 6:30 doing water party details. I did not stop for one second (that's pretty much no exaggeration) until about 9:30 last night. But it wasn't just me, my family and friends were doing the same thing. My sister "volunteered" to accompany me all day. So when I picked her up at 9:30, she was my captive for 12 hours. Can you imagine how awful that'd be? No complaining from her. Lindsey volunteered to watch my kids while she was babysitting my nephews. That's 5 kids. She did it so I wouldn't have to be getting 3 kids in and out of the car every few minutes. My brother, after being at school for 8 hours straight already, came and lifted heavy objects and did anything else I needed for another 4 hours. Leslie, well what would I do without her? My poor sister-in-law has been living on mostly coffee for the last few weeks and has the energy to prove it. Great ideas, hard worker, blessing to be sure.

And then my friends! Candi with her cold, Cassie with her Lani. Of course Jody and Amy were there as well. Theresa came and needed no direction, just did what needed to be done. Angie and J.D. came later in the night but their efforts showed as I unplugged everything as we were leaving. All of them from Muscatine, 30 minutes away.

Then my local friends, Chrissy, whose husband has been working a ton and skipped precious time with him to help me out. I know what a sacrifice that is! And Lynn and the rest of the Jarretts. Tom (the husband) gave us hope for more lighting and Lynn, well she just worked her booty off. Her girls hammered away at some pipe cleaners that will be used to mark everyone's wine glasses.

I mean, really. I got choked up a few times in the night just looking at everyone doing this. All for water. These people have heart and I somehow get to call them friends and family. I am one lucky lady.

No comments: