Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The 'Rents

So me and the three amigos packed up and headed to my parents house last night. We're only here until tomorrow but are able to see my cousin who is in from Alabama tonight so I'm excited for that! Here are a few reasons I like being at the 'rents, in no particular order.

1) Cake brownies. Zach likes fudgie brownies so that's all we ever have at home. Zach doesn't like cake much but loves fudgie brownies. I like cake. When we come to my parents house sans Zach I get cake brownies and they are deeelicious (when I come with Zach, he still somehow gets his brownies and eats them too...get it).

2) They genuinely enjoy seeing us. That sounds silly but whether it's been a day or a month they tell us they've missed us and seem to mean it.

3) Cable TV. I'm not going to lie to you, I was a little gunshy this morning when I went to try to find the Today Show. Since we only have 4 channels out at camp (well really just one, the others are a bit fuzzy) I had the darndest time finding the right channel. The good news is I found 500 other channels I'll peruse after this blog while the kids are down for naps.

4) Chocolate. My parents have always had candy laying everywhere. For some reason when I was younger I rarely partook and now I can't stay away from the stuff. I hid the candy basket "from Dailah" in hopes that I wouldn't be tempted by it either but no such luck. There is very little that could seperate me and my Butterfingers.

5) Good food. My mom is a great cook and she's always doing it and I'm always eating it and always smiling. I'm starting to sense a theme here...

6) New toys. The kids have a land of toys they haven't seen in awhile here so there's more playing, less fighting and even less asking mom what else we could pretend that toy is used for. Ahhh, sweet.

7) Seeing my brother. Tonight we'll get to see him waiting tables at a local restaurant. That will be so very interesting.

8) Target. It's close by instead of 25 minutes away. Already been once, will probably go again.

9) Spending some QT with the 'rents. Since we live a couple hours away it seems like we're always meeting halfway for the day to say hi. Intense bonding happens right here in their home and I love it.

Off to sneak another frosted cake brownie and see what kind of mischief I can find on this little thing they call "cable".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Target. I was so happy to run into you there. It was so good to see you and brought back so many funny memories we have together! - Lindsay