Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Just Weird

So we live at camp..in a house..on site. Today we were getting home around 12:30 from the Y. Upon entering our driveway I see random people on our front porch. As I get closer to the house I see they are playing Zach's guitars (One of which is 100 years old) which is not only odd, but just impossible as he makes people sign their lives away before they can touch them.

So I walk up and they say, "Is this your house?" "Um, yes, obviously." So camp had a group out and these 3 adults were the bus drivers who trespassed into our house, got out Zach's guitars and proceeded to play them on our front porch. When I asked in what world they thought that would be okay, they said when they went to camp (30 some years ago) this building was a commons area.

Now, pre-renovations I could understand the confusion. BUT post-renovations they would've seen our wedding pictures, pictures of the kids, a toy room, couches and a TV before getting to the guitars. Do I look like I was born yesterday? (Relatively speaking, I was born yesterday but I'm smarter than I look). Isn't that just weird? So we're putting up a private residence sign with Zach flexing and a little bubble making him sound very life-threatening.

Now that's just crazy, I don't care who you are. As if that wasn't odd enough, even after I lectured them on the laws of trespassing they had the audacity to try and sit on my front porch just shootin the shit. No shit will be shot my friends, tally ho off this front porch before I pump your tookasses right off here.

Jeesch. I may sound all cool and everything but I was scared poopless. I walked around our house for a good hour making sure nothing was taken (it wasn't) and that there weren't surprise bombs (there aren't) or surprises puddles of urine (there were but I'm fairly certain that was compliments of my newest son pre-break-in).

Moral to the story, lock your doors even when hubby is on grounds and look intimidating no matter your age.

9 comments:

-jd said...

You should have sent them down to my house to paint

ChiTown Girl said...

Oh my gosh, Tesi! I'm so sorry that happened to you! I would have been scared out of my mind! I probably would have dialed 911 from my car, though, cuz I'm not as brave as you! Especially if I had kids with me. I'm a little afraid of you now ;-) I'm just glad nothing is missing, as it could have turned out so much worse.

Anonymous said...

WHAAAAHHHH??????????? You need a real mean chihuahua to scare away all the dopes!!! What were they thinking??? What if you had been walking around inside -----perish the thought-------in a natural way......????
Sounds like camp needs armed guards!!

Amy said...

You so crack me up. Tesi I can relate! My days at camp are filled with funny yet frustrating stories like this! If your bored and want to have a good laugh check out: therowellcrew@blogspot.com

Amy said...

Tesi-
You so make me laugh, as a fellow camp staff I can relate, thank goodness you didn't find them
a.) eating out of your fridge or
b.) on your toilet
Anyway... If you are interested therowellcrew@blogspot.com
Amy.

Anonymous said...

Tesi,
This made me laugh as a previous camp staff I can relate. Just be thankful they didn't...
a.) eat the food out of your fridge
b.) take a potty break
c.) fall asleep in your bed
Anyway... interested in reading about the rowells check us out at therowellcrew@blogspot.com
Amy

amy smith said...

yikes. that is out of control.

Erica Jo (mamasweetpea) said...

It's time to arm the children with nerf guns and booby trap the front porch!! That is just too creepy. Ya gotta wonder about people sometimes!! And please post the pic of Zach with bulging muscles and menacing expression...might put it up at my house as well!!

Cassie said...

you have got to be kidding me. that is nuts!