Thursday, May 15, 2008

Emotional

I'm emotional today for unknown reasons. Jody's fight for her kids is reaching a critical point and all day today I'm reminded of being in that position just a few short months ago (though hers is a bit tougher as it's been much longer) and I know there seems to be no end to the darkness.

Then I get a card from my sister. Nothing real special about it....
Happy Mother's Day Sis

(on inside)
great sister...
great friend...
great mom...

You really put your heart into everyone you love.

(Her message, scribbled in her Doctor's script)
Sis, I thought this card was pretty perfect.

This may not seem out of the ordinary but it came from a gal who still hugs with just her chest up and rarely cries (basically, I got all the emotions in the family).

So it was perfect. I love her, I love Jody and right now I'm just emotional for two of my favorite gals in all the world.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Tesi,
I caught the last part of a PBS special last night called "Walking to Beauty" it was set in Ethiopia, and featured n part one of the orphan care facilities. I watched the whole thing and was constantly telling my husband to look at how beautiful the people and children were. I thought of your adorable son, and your visit there and how you have written about it impacting you.
I don't know if you have seen it or heard of it, but I thought you might be interested.