Friday, December 05, 2008

Toms To Tom Tom Toms!

(That subject was supposed to be sung in the same tune as the "Tums" commercial, you got that, right?)

Anyway, so Toms. I love them, always have. I've admired them from afar because, frankly, all of our money is going to water right now. But I wanted you all to see these and think about giving them for Christmas.

The basic premise is that for every pair of shoes you buy, they send another pair to a child who doesn't have them in the world. Right now, you guessed it, they are sending them to ETHIOPIA!!!!!! Check out the website, it's an awesome concept.

I hesitated posting these pictures, but decided to. These are Tariku's feet.




Those toenails are what happens when kids don't have shoes and run around outside all day with toenails too weak to protect them from anything. He has no infection, nothing. The doctor's best guess was that it was due to lack of shoes. Right now kids in Ethiopia are being hit by an infection so the need for shoes is great. And seriously, these shoes are redonkulessly adorable so you know you want them anyway.

P.S. Don't feel too bad for Tariku. 1) It's not a big deal and 2) He looks like this. Seriously.



P.P.S If you've been thinking of getting me a Christmas present and just didn't know what to get. You could start here. I'm a size 8. If those were out of your price range for me (what?!?!?!?) then maybe these? Or if you know someone who has always wanted to do something nice for a stranger, feel free to forward those links to them, I accept gifts from strangers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tesi,
Just wanted to let you know that Frank and I both have new shoes coming our way, along with 2 pairs of shoes going to Ethiopia!
Love,
Emily