Monday, December 01, 2008

"Babysitters"

So my mom, dad and sister babysat the kids while we were in Mexico (they had various rotating schedules, quite impressive). I've just been thinking about how lucky I am to have them.

Not only did they take on the task of 3 kids under 5 (which, is big enough!) but they also managed to make my house look better after they left than when they came. Laundry was done so the kids had nice smelling pajamas and clothes. Took out trash, organized our storage room. Built shelves, organized, cleaned and just loved the kids a lot.

But perhaps most importantly to me? My mom cooked. My mom is a great cook, I have a lot to live up to in that department. She worked full time and we still ate family meals every night together. So imagine my delight when I saw all the leftovers in the fridge when we got home. The good kind too. Turkey, homemade mashed potatoes and gravy. Spagetti and something else that looks gross but probably tastes incredible. Mmmmm, I love food. I love my mommy's food. Do you think my kids will ever blog about my food? Not holding my breath.

In other news, on Saturday we went to the Polar Express at the IMAX with my parents-in-law and the kids. Bonus, it was in 3D so I got these awesome pictures of the kids. Whenever Dailah walked by someone with her glasses on they would all do the "ahh" bit. It would've gotten a bit old if it wasn't so true.

I mean, when do these glasses stop becoming cute and just start looking ridiculous?



He looked awesome too, but he wanted to do the peace sign more.



She loved it and it was cute.



She also loved the starburst that came in the kids pack that grandpa thought she needed. Clearly.



Say it with me now...AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

No comments: