Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Blah

Sinus infections suck, and I would know because I get them a lot. But have no fear, today was not without it's high points.

During dinner we were asking the kids the typical best/worst part of the day questions. Then Zach asks Trysten what his best/least favorite part of school is. His best? New puzzles. His worst?

The other day a kid breathed in his face and he had reeeeeally bad breath.

I was laughing so hard, because I can sympathize. I hate halitosis.

Zach asked if it was worse than the first day of school when he didn't get breakfast (don't ask, low point in motherhood that involved a lot of crying--Trysten and hotflawedmama--and lots of apologizing--hotflawedmama--.)

Yes, he said. Worse than that, but the first day came in a close second.

The kid really hates bad breath.

In other news, my habesha is loving preschool. Three days a week he eats lunch there because his class dismisses during one of my classes. So last Thursday I picked him up and didn't know whether to be proud or horrified at what I saw.

There's Tariku, just cleaning the tables with a little washcloth while the daycare teachers are putting the toddlers down for their naps. They were all in the same room, but they had left the clean up to my 4-year-old.

Don't feel too bad for him, he LOVES having responsibilities. He was so excited to show me the great work he did on their tables and can he do it for us too?

Today I felt just sick enough to let him. I think "whistle while he works" will be his new nickname.

3 comments:

Amber said...

That is so funny... bad breath is pretty gross ;)
And, what a helper Tariku is. He sounds like he has such a big heart.

ChiTown Girl said...

It's great how much they want to help at that age. I long for the days when Lex would kill himself to help me with the house cleaning. He LOVED to spray and wipe EVERYTHING!!! Which is great, because I despise dusting, and I'm not to fond of windows,either. Come to think of it, I'm not real big on the whole cleaning the house thing.... ;-)

Matthew and Amanda said...

I say as long as they want to help, let them! Eventually they will hate it and we'll all have to make the super annoying chore chart.... My goal?? To have as many children as necessary to get my chores on the chart down to zero.muhahahaha