Monday, March 09, 2009

Water, Water Everywhere

It's been raining, non stop. This means that our storage room is flooded, ankle deep. Then our laundry room overflowed. Then our drains backed up and there was water in our kitchen and EVERYWHERE. It's just been an interesting couple of days. I'm done with rain. Seriously done, for now. And did you know dishwashers are so nice? I strongly dislike doing laundry by hand.

In other news I had my doctor's appointment today for my spleen. For those just tuning in, I've had an enlarged spleen for the better part of 3 years. It was found when Dailah was in utero and I've been "under watch" since then. I'm ready for it all to be over, quite frankly. Doctors have no idea why it's big and bumpy and weird.

So I was on my way to get my blood drawn and ultrasound of the spleen and do you know what came on the radio? Lisa Loeb's "Stay". I was feeling all nostalgic and nervous and I cried.

I seriously cried. I'm ridiculous.

Won't know much about the spleen for the next few days but when I looked at it on the screen it looked good to me. Realizing I have no idea what that means other than what googling "spleen images" shows me. Mine looks like most of those so that's got to be a good sign, right?

Anyway, forever the optimist I'm gonna say it's all good and I can officially be done with my very nice hematologist in a few short days.

That's about all I know. Lots of rain, enlarged spleens and Lisa Loeb. A day in the life.

5 comments:

rebekah said...

Oh, spleen pictures. I get it now.

I also hope it's as normal as normal can be for spleens.

Unknown said...

Rain, I am not sure what I would rather have. We are currently in a blizzard, and recieving 15 inches of snow.
I hope everything is well with your spleen. keep us updated.
As for Lisa Loeb. Stay was my "lucky", meaning I am having a great day. song in JR. High. I still love that song!

Cindy said...

Sounds like you have some "crummy" stuff going on right now. I will keep you in my prayers for the water issue to clear up soon, and for your health!
Blessings to you!

cathy said...

Wow! That's a lot to post for just one day. Sounds like you need a vacation. We'll keep our doors wide open for you.

Matthew and Amanda said...

Tough week! I hope things improve.

Amanda