Sunday, March 22, 2009

Saturday

Yesterday my brother-in-law and sister-in-law who got married in Mexico had their reception out at camp. It was a perfect day with food, family, fun and so much more.

Leslie and I were talking about how we remember how special wedding receptions were as kids. Staying up late, dancing, endless amounts of sugar and soda. Time spent with cousins and friends and loved ones. So I tried to recreate that magic with my kids last night. At the end of the night, Tariku exclaimed, "That was the best night of my life!" So I think it was a success.

I got to see so many family members (from Zach's side) that we don't see very often. It was fantastic getting to talk to them so much. Fun times all around. So here's a picture parade on our day.

Zach's aunt Lori and cousin Amy (though I claim them both as mine) made the trip to and fro Chicago all in one day. Amy, as it turns out, is just as beautiful and skinny in person which is highly unfortunate.



Aunt Julie (also Zach's aunt but whatever) brought the most amazing spring giftbags for the kids. Some of the stuff in there were these slingshots, which were a huge hit.



Aren't they precious?



Tariku was completely smothered in love by everyone yesterday. It made my heart just burst to see everyone love on him so much.



My parents. Aren't they beautiful? Love them, lots.



And my brother and his girlfriend, Lindsey, also beautiful and loves of mine.



All of Zach's family. I didn't get a good one with all of the St. Louis family (email me one please, Lori!)



My sister and hotflawedmama (I'm in brown, just in case you couldn't tell). She may have longer eyelashes but I got height which has to count for something.



My kids had been practicing dancing for the last few weeks. They took full advantage last night. I was beaming, let me just tell you. All my Single Ladies, anyone?



My mom and Dailah, who looked particularly cute if I must say so.



Zach's aunt and cousins. The youngest one was actually our ring bearer in our wedding. He is now taller than me. Talk about surreal.



This to show you beauty and evidence of sugar shock.



They were amazingly precious together. Here they are inside, opening bubbles. See, told you we let them loose!



And the boys eating the scrumptious food.

2 comments:

Farm-Raised said...

Great pictures. THANK YOU for taking them! :-) Great breakfast this morning, too!

ChiTown Girl said...

Wow, that looks like fun! I can't even relate to having kids at a wedding, as that's just something that wasn't done in my family. Weddings were for grown-ups ONLY, and they were always very elegant, fancy events. I didn't attend my first wedding until I was an adult, and already engaged (I think). Oh, wait, I did stand up for one of my cousins as the flower girl, but I seriously don't remember it. :(

Looks like the entire gang had a great time!