Monday, July 30, 2007

15 Spiders Down, Unimaginable Amounts To Go

So I gave my notice last Wednesday. I offered 30 days, but they took 2 weeks. Well, they took 2 weeks but told me I could be done in the office THIS FRIDAY. What that basically means is that on Monday of next week, just 7 days from now, I will be enjoying a lingering cup of coffee on my front porch while my kids chase bugs and balls around our yard. In just 7 days, our kids won't be going to daycare and I will get to remember what it's like to intimately know my kids on a minute-by-minute basis 24/7. This could not be more exciting to me.

And in just 2 days the 1st will come and go and no mortgage payment will be mailed. Let's say it with me, AMAZING. The woes of camp life are quite insignificant when you think of all the strings God pulled to get us where we're at. It's glorious.

This weekend will have me getting my Personal Training certifcations. From 8-5:30 both days I will be hard at it. Though tiring and perhaps tedious, it will be worth it!

So yesterday's message at church was about forgiveness. What an awesome concept and one we as humans tend to fall short on. I applaud myself for being halfway decent about this. I can't remember the last time I held a grudge for too long. But I also realize I'm not near as good at this as the Big Man Himself. Can you imagine all He's forgiven us for? It's such a humbling thought to think I just forgave my husband for putting his nasty, crusty socks right next to the clean pile of clothes. Oh happy perspective! I will continue working on the little bouts of forgiveness I do on a daily basis so that perhaps if there ever is a time when I am asked to fork over a large pot of forgiveness, I will be well trained.

And the adoption is progressing. I, of course, finished my homework and am now waiting (im)patiently for my favorite husband to finish. He only has a few more questions so I'm (forcing) encouraging him to keep up the good work. :) I am excited to turn that in and get started on our homestudy! I am hoping to be completed with our homestudy not too long after courts reopen in Ethiopia. Pipe dream? Perhaps. Still counting on it? Absofreakinlutely.

Unil then, enjoy some pictures.

This is a picture of some of our wonderful friends on the fourth. Though my husband appears to be in love with the other guy, Greg, in that arc of love, they are actually terrific heterosexual lifemates. His wife and I appear to be holding hands.

Seriously, could this face BE any more perfect?


How many grandpa's do you know who WEAR their grandchildren? Not many, but not many are as good at my father-in-law either.


Hard to find a picture where the girl isn't eating, hasn't just eaten, or doesn't have food leftover on her persons from the last time she's eaten.

Now can you see why I'm pumped to spend so much time with these people?

No comments: