Thursday, January 12, 2012

2, 2, 2

I know it's been awhile since I've blogged. I was going to blog about no fewer than 5 things but then I got an email from this group telling me about this pretty great idea and I knew this was going to be the post I re-introduce myself with.

2 years ago the earthquake hit Haiti. I don't know about you but I can still cry immediately when I remember those first days when we were hearing such large amounts of death and destruction. In fact I just finished reading this blog for the last half hour. Mercy.

Today NPR was talking about what's going on in Haiti 2 years later. A man from USAID was talking about how aid and emergency relief was over and so now they are focusing on development and other ways of making the country even better than it was before the earthquake.

A caller came in who described himself as a grad student who wanted to point out that one of the best things to come out of the earthquake was the development of charcoal-efficient stoves. No. joke.

Since I happened to know a precious woman who, along with another precious woman, started an organization that is revolutionizing charitable giving and focusing their efforts right now on charcoal-efficient stoves I got really excited.

So here's the deal. I want at least 2 of you to donate here. Then email me tesileagh@gmail.com letting me know you donated. THEN, get 2 more people (who will get 2 more people) to donate as well. You can set up your own page or just donate to the page I linked to.

Please, please show Haiti we have not forgotten about them. Did I mention a stove is $20?!?!?! I'm about to spend that on a Casey's pizza for the hubby and I to share. We can do this.

So join. There's a reason I keep coming back to you people, and that reason is because I know you are good and you are loving. I know you will donate. :)

Thanks.

No comments: