Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We're Better

The boob on my ankle is shrinking...or shifting, tough to say. It's a common boob theme in my life, for some reason... Anywho...

I was able to put some weight on it today, even walking on it with a "slight" limp. I'm a flippin' animal. No really, I feel much better about the whole situation.

The kids are great. I honestly can't understand why I got so lucky to have these people in my life. Funny story...on Saturday Zach was able to spend the whole day with us without having to go into work once, it was REALLY nice! So that night we were heading to some friends' house for dinner. We get in the car and he says, "I don't know how you do it all day every day, hons." I knew what he was talking about, of course. Though I hesitated in telling him, the kids were being particularly troublesome that day for some reason, but I let him just contemplate that for a little bit. "I don't give you enough thanks or credit for doing it. Awesome job, nice work." "There were times today when I wished it was a Monday so I could go to work and relax for a bit."

I laughed, and did end up telling them they were being particularly squirrley that day. But I appreciated his comment so very much. Because I know it's more work. I remember working, it was just 10 months ago that I quit working full time. I admit, I didn't have a stressful job so my days were pretty easy but still...this full time mommy business is not for the faint hearted! There are definitely moments when I would kill to put on my suit, high heels and head out the door to grab coffee with a client or something similar. Perhaps go on a golf outing of someone who is thinking of building in the next year, that would be nice.

I digress, at the end of the day I'm still so very thankful Zach's job gives me the ability to stay at home. The ability to stay in my jammies if I want. Do laundry and clean the house when I want (not in those few precious moments I have with the kids). I get to make dinner, spend good quality time with my hubby when the kids are tucked in instead of using that time to do all the stuff I've neglected. And then of course the kids...knowing which of Trysten's smiles will be coming at any moment. Knowing when Tariku is being sarcastic and when he has to go to the bathroom. Knowing when Dailah is at her breaking point and the moment just before she slaps you in the face. All these things would undoubtedly not be so vivid if I didn't spend every waking moment with them. The fact that I'm right now, on a Wednesday, in my parent's house having went shopping all day and to 2 movies! This is the life. Sure, it's a life where I was vomitted on, peed on and the walking kleenex all in one day but it's the life. The only life I could possibly want right now.

Off to peek on those kids and see if I can accurately guess whether they're dreaming of power rangers (Trysten), cars (Tariku) or hitting someone in the face (Dailah).

2 comments:

Farm-Raised said...

You are too funny. This really made me laugh. Oh, Dailah!


xoxo

ChiTown Girl said...

Ahhh...the sweet life! Glad to hear you're on the mend!