Friday, December 28, 2007

Pajama Day

It has officially been declared a pajama day today at our residence. The only person who has slipped (kind of) out of his pajamas is the Mr. because he went to work for a bit. He is now back in them. The kids have their footies on and it's quite nice. The snow has been falling in blankets since I woke up this morning. It's a good day to be alive. We probably won't leave the house at all today, but a trip to the grocery store is beginning to look like a necessity. I just ate a lunch rich with sugar and non-nutrients. It was delicious though, Cheetos and Oreos can't beat it! Don't worry, Trysten got a bowl of cereal.

Went out for my sister-in-law's 21st birthday last night. We ate at a really great restaurant sans children and I enjoyed some of the biggest laughs of my life, which is no surprise since I married into a family that is quite possibly the funniest people I've met. It was a lot of fun but quite a late night so the few cat naps I've gotten today really hit the spot.

We are coming off the Christmas high and our everyday life is starting to resume. I think about Tariku more on days like today. Especially now that he and his big brother have matching underoos that I surely would've put them in today. 2 people on the forum got news of travel. By the time they travel they would've been waiting 3 months. We are in our 7th week of waiting for travel. Could our call be far off? I think it will, seeings the government has not called about our fingerprints yet but perhaps...Even though Christmas is officially over, I'm not the kind of girl to let wishful thinking go out the window.

As one of our friends who is also adopting from ET asked, "A day like today with all the snow really makes you wish you were in Ethiopia, doesn't it?" Couldn't have said it better myself!

No comments: