Monday, May 31, 2010

Chain Gang

Remember how I shared about Tariku's triggers? I'm trying to figure out how to best prepare him (and the other 2) for what's coming in 3 1/2 weeks. So Saturday I decided to make some paper chains so Tariku could have a visual on just how much longer he has to wait until we leave and just how long we're going to be gone. So we made 2 chains.

One for the amount of days he has to wait until we leave.



And one for the amount of time we're actually gone.



It's been great watching the kids get excited about taking a chain off in the mornings. Selfishly, it's been great watching the chain get ever so shorter in my eyes as well! Something like 24 days...Woot!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I am counting with you! :)

Anonymous said...

what a great idea! Maybe I should make a chain for the time kait will be gone to sri lanka. wish i woulda thought of THAT before. imagine keeping a chain during pregnancy, huh Emily??