Thursday, January 14, 2010

Everything Changed

Everything changed when we started the process to adopt Tariku. Little things and big things, they all changed. We are completely different now than we were almost 3 years ago.

3 years ago if the earthquake would've hit Haiti I regret to admit that I would've done little but cry over the pictures and the babies.

Today is so different. I haven't slept well since it happened. Restless to help in any way I can. But everything I do doesn't feel enough. There is a huge part of me that wants to jump on a plane and go help. To physically reach out and help our Haitian brothers and sisters.

But I can't do that right now. So instead I go places like:

here and here.

If you don't like those places go here, here or here.

Just go somewhere, do something. Because seriously, these things need to disturb us to the point of action. You don't need to adopt to finally figure out that your humanity is and should be directly linked with the humanity around you. I did but you don't because you're better people than I am.

So let's just do this together, alright?

1 comment:

Amy said...

Tesi~
Great Job on listing the links to donate, but what about World Relief. Not sure if you have read any of my updates on FB but we are there. Our office is gone and 2 of the 40 staff are still unaccounted for. Our Disaster Team arrived earlier this afternoon and updating us on Twitter. Let me know if you want more info. www.worldrelief.org
Amy Rowell