Thursday, August 30, 2007

Catching up

So it's been a long time coming, this blog. Unfortunately I have lots to say and limited amounts of time. I'm hoping one day in the VERY NEAR FUTURE we will be coming of age out at Camp Abe Lincoln and getting what some folks call "the intranet" until then, I'm down in my mom-in-laws sewing room for the zillionth day in a row with a 1 yr old talking on my phone and pulling at my pantleg. Ah the joys of motherhood.

So life has been great, really. This past weekend we spent a long 4 days at the lake with friends. It was so awesome and we made some fantastic memories, and I took some pretty great pictures, if I do say so myself.

The kids are wonderful. Miss Dailah is building her word library and can now talk and grunt with surpising clarity, she must get that from me. She is also FINALLY standing on her own (for a short while) so perhaps it's not too soon to say she MIGHT be walking by Christmas?

Trysten continues to love life and make me smile constantly. He starts preschool next week so that will be good for him as he just can't get enough interaction with his old mom it seems.

I have started personal training officially. It's going well and I'm enjoying just having a few hours of "work" a week. Still love hanging with the kids more often than not though.

AND THE ADOPTION!!! Looks like we might have our first homestudy appointment this Tuesday. Woohoo! So obviously my goal of being on the waiting list by September is not happening but can we hope October? We shall see!

Life is flying by and I couldn't be more in love with my life, my loves, my family and friends. I'm even getting used to the spiders in my house, though that does not hold me back from going medieval on their asses from time to time.

That's all for now me thinks, I promise (mom) I'll have pictures soon!

1 comment:

Erica Jo (mamasweetpea) said...

Life sounds great! You WILL be on the list by October...we have to be in Ethiopia together!! I'd love to come down and take a personal training session with you! I need to whip my a** into gear so I am ready to haul a baby around with me again! Enjoy these beautiful days with your babies, and get those spiders banished..they aren't welcome at your homestudy!!