Tuesday, April 12, 2011

This Weekend

Was Father/son weekend at camp. I wrote more about it here. It was such an awesome time for my boys.

It was a truly beautiful weekend, unseasonably warm for mid-April in Iowa. I could honestly get used to this. And so could my babes.


Getting a good picture of this boy's true smile is like pulling teeth. Beautiful anyway.


The birdfeeders they made during the father/son camp.


Zach let Dailah and me sneak up to camp for dinner. I found Papa Smurf grilling with a sweatshirt on. He was sweet enough to even grill Zach and me some veggie burgers!


Tariku said they were the best hot dogs ever. I like to think it's because Papa put lots of extra love...and sweat into them. :)


Zach checked out the garden, sprouting some goodies already. I can't say it's a coincidence that I'm always taking pictures of Zach when he's bent over. It's like the camera is drawn to his backside...maybe it's just me.


Trysten went to his first party without us. One of his best friends. I dropped him off and found myself checking the smoke alarms, the exits and the neighborhood. Took everything in me to drive away. He survived (so did I) and to celebrate we went for ice cream.


She looks so old in this picture. :(


I love this picture. Each kid's personality is perfectly on display here. And Zach, well he's clearly obliging me.


Sunday we went to one of our favorite restaurants (Woodfire Grill) to celebrate my sister-in-law, Kait. She's moving to Japan tomorrow. We are so proud of her and love her so much. Both excited and sad about her leaving but mostly just tremendously honored to count her among us.


Have I mentioned my kids love each other? I mean, they really love each other.


1 comment:

Beth said...

Cannot get enough of those Klipsch smiles. Truly beautiful.