Friday, November 26, 2010

Turkey Trot

Our yearly tradition...the Y's Turkey Trot. I LOVE this tradition. Clearly I'm pretty passionate about fitness, but I like this tradition because (usually) we involve the kids in fitness too. Childhood obesity is a serious problem, and I think the idea of getting up early as a family to get a bit of exercise in before all of the mass food consumption is a delightful idea.

This year, however, the kids and hotflawedmama decided to sit out and cheer on daddy. We didn't want to make Bini feel bad about not being able to walk/run with us and he's a little bitter when he has to be in a stroller. Next year you'll see the whole family at the 1 mile fun run!

Zach, on the other hand, does the 5 miler. I'm going to just tell you this man inspires me. In many ways, but definitely in this. I'd rather get my fingernails plucked off one by one than to run 5 miles in a herd of people. To each his own, my man looked pretty darn good (here with his sister, Kait).


The kids and hotflawedmama positioned ourselves right next to the bagels and hot cocoa inside.


I took the kids to the finish line when I knew Zach and Kait would be getting close to finishing so they could cheer them on. The kids were so excited about that possibility.



And were so proud of their daddy when he finished.


Zach and Kait, truly some of the most beautiful people in the world.


Then brother Frank joined the photog session and increased the beauty.


Then off to the food!!!

No comments: