Saturday, December 19, 2009

Perfect

I saw this post on waiting and I had to copy it. It's put so perfectly. That said, sometimes it's still so selfishly difficult.

Our wait is beautiful. We are waiting to say hello to our future. We are waiting with hope. Waiting with dreams of what will come and visions of family.

The families of our children are waiting to say goodbye. Waiting to kiss their cheek for a final time. To smell their sweet skin and whisper in their ears. They are waiting for loss. Loss that most of us will never have to bear.

And our children will wait too. They will wait for all that is known to return to them and yet it never will. They will wait to hear the whispers of those who love them again. Whispers that will not come.

If children are not lingering in care. If the agencies we use are acting with haste and due care, then we should be at peace. A decision has not had to be made to say goodbye. There will be one more day. One more kiss. One more moment.

I wish I could go back in time and sit next to the important people in my daughters’ lives and whisper in their ears. Just one more day. Give them one more day. Take your time. I will wait here as long as you ask me to.

1 comment:

ChiTown Girl said...

What a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing it with us.